Skip to content

Community Support

Make a referral to the team using our Client Intake Form

Goodradigbee Cultural & Heritage Aboriginal Corporation (GCHAC) are a business aiming to support local organisations and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community with cultural appropriate support services.

Emergency Crisis Care

We provide 24/7 on call crisis supervision for children and young people who may be homeless, suspended from school, struggling at home or dealing with other issues.

In-Home Care

Our support workers provide flexible in-home care to assist with domestic duties and caring for children and young people. This can include establishing and maintaining routines, cooking, cleaning, and support to maintain attendance at school.

Contact Visit Support

We are able to provide a consistent worker for the individual family (when a schedule is provided). Workers closely monitor the interactions between all parties, which ensures the supervised contact visits are safe and positive for the children, young people and their family members.

Supervised Transport

We provide transporting services for children, young people, and their families/carers/guardians as required. Our transport services include but are not limited to mentoring sessions, supervised contact visits, appointments and community events.

Mentoring and Youth Support

GCAHAC staff provide positive, consistent, ‘gender specific’ role models for young people who do not have supportive relationships with adults within their own families, schools and peer networks.

Cultural Services

GCAHAC  provide Cultural Education in schools, pre-schools and other education facilities.

GCAHAC provide School Holiday Camps for Out of Home care (OOHC) children.

GCAHAC provide Culture Camps to allow connection to a variety of things.

Specialised Substitute Residential Care

Specialised Substitute Residential Care includes:

  • Stays of 3 or more nights within a 7-day period in a Group Home, Respite, Hotel or Airbnb environment.
  • Short-term accommodation through the NDIS.
  • Overnight stays of 3 or more nights with another family in a ‘host family’ arrangement.
  • Longer-term residential care.
  • Residential programs to support behaviour change, such as alcohol and other drug rehabilitation programs.
  • Camps of 3 or more nights that focus on respite or behaviour support or are funded by the NDIS.

Specialised substitute residential care can be a one-off arrangement made in an emergency or involve frequent or long-term care.

When a child stays in overnight care for one or more nights, the organisation or sole trader providing the care must record it on the specialised substitute residential care register. This is because the register is a collaborative tool which calculates the total days the child has been in specialised substitute residential care with any provider, so that children don’t remain in care for long periods without oversight.

Goodradigbee Intake Form

Make a referral to the team using our Client Intake Form

Emergency Relief

Our Emergency Relief service provides assistance to people in financial crisis by helping them deal with their immediate situation in a way that maintains dignity and encourages self-reliance.

We do this by providing short term emergency, financial or material assistance. Where possible we link people to other appropriate services and support.

You Must:
Have an electricity or natural gas account for a NSW residential supply address, which is your primary place of residence.
Be the electricity or natural gas account holder (your account and bill must be in your name).
Be experiencing a short-term financial crisis or emergency that has impacted your ability to pay your current residential energy bill (in full or in part) due to financial hardship.
You’re Not Eligible If You:
Use liquid petroleum gas (LPG) bottles for your gas supply; however, you may be eligible for gas rebates.
Are residing in embedded networks (e.g., some strata plans, retirement villages and residential parks).
Have already paid your energy bill. You can apply for EAPA assistance if you’re still experiencing a short-term financial crisis or emergency when you receive your next energy bill.
EAPA Vouchers

If you’re having difficulty paying your household energy bill because of a short-term financial crisis or emergency, such as unexpected medical bills, or reduced income due to COVID-19, you could be eligible for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) assistance.

EAPA assistance is provided by the NSW government and the assistance is sent electronically to your energy retailer and used to credit your home electricity or gas account. EAPA assistance can’t be used to put your energy account into credit.

Applying for EAPA assistance involves an eligibility assessment, the amount of EAPA assistance is subject to limits and is based on your assessment.

Please send us a enquire regarding an appointment to undertake an EAPA assessment.

Back To Top